Many companies in the engineering and construction industry have longstanding commitments to the health, safety, and welfare of workers. These companies are keen to expand on their existing programs, policies, and standards to further promote the rights and welfare of workers in their operations and subcontracting chains, even in contexts where the rule of law is limited. Working in isolation, however, means that companies’ impact is limited.
Advantages of collaboration
Building Responsibly enables engineering and construction companies to collaborate around their shared values, advance their programs by sharing best practices, agree on common approaches and standards, develop tools, and engage clients, civil society, and international organizations. Through Building Responsibly, companies can more effectively align with regulations and stakeholder expectations, while increasing productivity and fostering a better environment for workers. As a pre-competitive initiative, Building Responsibly ensures that companies can engage on mutually beneficial measures and policies in a safe space.
- Align more effectively with regulations and client requirements
- Share with peers effective ways to help promote the rights and welfare of workers in the industry
- Learn from and engage diverse client, government, civil society, and other stakeholders
- Increase productivity by improving workplace management practices
- Stay abreast of current and emerging requirements, trends, and best practices related to worker welfare